Glancing over at Twitter, I saw a post by PodcastMama that it was Podcaster Appreciation Day. I followed her link and got over to this post on Podcasting News. It seems like this was very impromptu, and somehow it just really resonated with me.
Podcasting has been such a huge part of my life in my 30′s. In fact I can say that podcasting saved my life, keeping the best part of myself steady, making me accountable for who I was and who I was meant to be. Podcasting provided for me the ground that for many years in my life I lacked in ‘real life’, and it was because of my stepping into it 100%, I finally stepped into the life that I was always meant to have
I know that this is very metaphorical, and it may seem a bit hooky, but at this time, I don’t believe I can give the necessary time to explain this whole thing.
I believe from the bottom of my heart that podcasting helped me Workout me, to the best of my ability.
So given that I’m going to share with you a list of some of my personal favorites. Some of these are new finds that I have got to share! I’m a huge fan of podcasting and the podcasts that I listen to are A LOT, I’m really paring these down. I mean really I appreciate you podcasters!
- Pray as You Go-I listen to this podcast sporadically now. When I flew to L.A. recently I caught up on all of my missed episodes. This is the podcast that centers me and always brings the BIG picture into my life. It reminds me to Connect. What’s awesome about it also is that although it is made by jesuit priests, it’s not a specific ‘catholic’ nor even ‘christian’ podcast. Although of course It’s all about the bible, but the application of scripture to the everyday is absolutely phenomenal and applicable to any religion or spiritual path. It’s creative and deeply moving, with great music
- Fitness Rocks- Dr. Monte is a very knowledgeable Dr. I tend to gravitate toward people that are not wishy washy. Dr. Monte is the opposite of that. He truly drives the points to your health home. He gives you tangible studies to support (and a lot of the time not) the latest health trends and issues surrounding weight loss and healthful living. He has a very active community where you can ask questions relative to weigh loss, diet and health. I have not deleted any of the past Fitness Rocks episodes because everytime I re listen to one I find that I missed so much info, and I find it still incredibly relevant.
- The Hollywood Podcast- At first I resisted subscribing to Tim Coyne’s podcast (or even listening to it), not because of Tim by any means, but because I did the whole Hollywood thing and honestly I was sick of it. Once I got into podcasting I found the LA Podcasters and Tim was a member. I decided to do my homework and know what these guys were about, so I listened to an episode. I was hooked. I love this podcast! I believe this is the epitome of an independent podcaster. Tim is a very talented guy, sharing his personal life (the Unkempt series, my favorite) with lots of smart and creative interviews of people in ‘the business’. Often times his storytelling takes me through the gamut of emotions. I laugh hysterically (his has been the only podcast that has made me guffaw out loud while walking down the street ) I get totally angry at him, and then at the end he makes me cry. Seriously.
- More Hip Than Hippie- I’ve gotten very serious about environmental, and sustainable issues lately. I want to create a world were my family can live free of all sorts of extra crap that should have never been the in the 1st place, be it trash or pesticides or chemicals. I found this show by chance while working at Wizzard (as part of my job is familiarizing myself with libsyn podcasters). I love it! Dori and Val are awesome. They are spunky, they are opinionated, but at the same time light hearted and crazy funny. I have learned such great hints and tips about all kinds of green stuff, I can’t even tell you. Every week I look forward to listening to what they have to say.
- Cooking Up A Story- Staying with the environmental topic, this podcast is absolutely fantastic. It’s quality is top notch, very reminiscent of something on PBS. They have the most interesting stories about people, food, lifestyle. I have been riveted by the stories, plus it’s video, so you can see what’s going on! I can do it no justice by trying to describe it. You have to watch one of the episodes. The minute I stumbled upon it I couldn’t turn back. I even had a fellow podcaster (the mighty Average Betty) tell me fantastic things about it. This is a must. Plus, their website is full of great links to other incredible information.
- The Eclectic Review- I love these guys!!!! OMG. Another one that I found at work. I love the essence of this show. I love the conversation between Glory and Stuart, it’s intelligent, poignant, clear, funny, mundane, and I could go on and on and on. They converse about art, books, movies, science, and whatever pops into their head. This podcast gives my scientist side a treat . I don’t get a chance to cultivate that side too much, although it does so want to peak out. This one is my new fave.
I could go and on and on, but I’ll stop at these 6. There is such good content out there. I’ve been a loyal listeners of podcasts that I don’t mention here. So much, so much! These are the ones that at this point in time, I’m fired up about
If you have any that you are a fan of, please share in the comments! Podcasters deserved to be appreciated